Palmer Bookmaking Pty Limited, trading as Palmerbet (otherwise referred to herein as “Palmerbet” "we" or "us"), acknowledges and takes seriously its obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (as amended by the Privacy Amendment Private Sector Act 2000) and the associated Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
- clearly explained to you at the time when the information is collected from you; or
- permitted under the National Privacy Principles.
Information Collected and How It Is Used
The information and data about you which we may collect, use and process includes the following:
1. information that you provide to us by filling in forms on the Website or any other information you submit to us via the Website or email or other means;
2. records of correspondence, whether via the Website, email, telephone or other means;
3. your responses to surveys or customer research that we carry out;
4. details of the transactions you carry out with us, whether via the Website, telephone or other means; and
5. details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
Use and disclosure
We may use your personal information and data together with other information for the purposes of:
1. processing your bets, including card and on-line payments;
2. setting up, operating and managing your account;
3. complying with our legal and regulatory duties;
4. building up personal profiles;
5. carrying out customer research, surveys and analyses;
6. providing you with information about promotional offers and our products and services, where you have consented; and
7. monitoring transactions for the purposes of preventing fraud, irregular betting, money laundering and cheating or detecting suspicious behaviour; and
8. determining your liability to Australian GST and other taxes where applicable.
We will only disclose personal information to business partners, successors in title to our business and suppliers that are engaged to process such information on our behalf for the following purposes:
- to the extent necessary, to provide the service you have requested or to meet the purpose for which your personal information was submitted;
- if we have informed you of the particular third party to whom your personal information will be disclosed, at the time of collection;
- in order to participate in activities with business partners, who will be identified to you when the relevant personal information is collected;
- to help us make credit decisions;
- to check your age and identity;
- for fraud and money laundering prevention and for lawful purposes associated with the conduct of our business;
- if the disclosure is:
i) permitted by law;
ii) permitted by the National Privacy Principles;
iii) necessary to co-operate with the judicial process of a law enforcement agency;
iv) necessary to protect and defend the rights or property of Palmerbet, this Website; or
v) necessary to lessen, prevent or detect unlawful activity or serious threats to individuals, public health or safety.
We are entitled to share the information we hold on you, which includes personal data and betting history, with Racing NSW or other statutory authorities, sporting bodies and other bodies, including the police, in order to investigate fraud, money laundering or sports integrity issues and to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your information is kept secure and protected.
Telephone calls to and from our Customer Contact Centre are recorded for training and security purposes along with the resolution of any queries arising from the service you receive.
Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the Website to operate.
If you want to delete any cookies already stored on your computer or stop the cookies that keep track of your browsing patterns on the Website you can do so by deleting your existing cookies and/or altering your browser's privacy settings to block cookies (the process you follow will differ from browser to browser). If you would like more information on how to do this please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/. Please note that deleting our cookies or disabling our future cookies means that you may not be able to access certain areas or features of the Website.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Some of the data processors engaged to process personal data may be based outside of Australia.
Such a transfer of data does not take place unless we reasonably believes that the recipient of personal information outside Australia is subject to principles of fair handling that are substantially similar to the National Privacy Principles; or the transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and Palmerbet, or for the implementation of pre-contractual measures taken in response to a request by you; or the transfer is necessary for the conclusion or performance of a contract concluded in your interest between Palmerbet and a third party; or all of the following apply:
(i) the transfer is for your benefit;
(ii) it is impracticable to obtain your consent to the transfer; and
(iii) if it were practicable to obtain such consent, you would be likely to give it; or –we have taken reasonable steps to ensure that the information which it has transferred will not be held, used or disclosed by the recipient of the information inconsistently with the National Privacy Principles.
Access to information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information we collect is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You are entitled to access and correct the information held about you. This can be done by contacting us using the contact details provided on the "Contact Us” page on the Website.
Best tote + SP- Best Tote + SP is the highest odds paid of the three main Australian totes or official starting price, whichever is better. Place component of each way bets is paid at Middle Tote place.
Best tote: This product is the best of the 3 Australian TAB prices. For each way bets, the place portion is paid at middle tote.
Top Fluc: The top betting fluctuation provided by the Australian Price Network (APN). TopFluc betting will be provided up to 35 minutes before a race.
Best of the Best (BOB): This product is the best of the 3 Australian TAB prices or the top fluctuation provided by the Australian Price Network (APN). For each way bets, the place portion is paid at middle tote.